How to root my Micromax A74 Micromax A74 Canvas Fun without actually worrying about bricking it or losing it towards the end of the day? If that’s the question you keep asking to yourself, you might wanna take a look at this simple guide that will help you to root Micromax A74 Canvas Fun.
The Micromax A74 Canvas Fun sports beautiful set of features which includes Android 4.2.2 jelly bean out of the box. The device runs on 1.3 GHz dual core processor, 5 MP primary camera, 0.3 MP secondary camera, and 4.5 inch display with 480×854 pixels resolution. I still feel that 1.25 GB of internal storage is really really very low. However, if you’re using this device and trying to live up with that low internal memory, you might wanna take a look at how to root Micromax A74 Canvas Fun so that you make a partition in SD card and use that memory to expand your internal storage.
At this point in time, let’s take a look at some precautionary measure before we start rooting Micromax A74 Canvas Fun.
- If you’ve absolutely no knowledge of what rooting is and what are the risks involved, you should probably read these pre-instructions carefully.
- The first and most important task before starting to root any android phone is to take a full backup of all your important files. There are number apps available on the Google Play store to take the backup.
- I recommend you to start rooting your Micromax A74 only when there is enough battery juice/backup left on it. Personally, I advise people to proceed only if the battery is 75% or more.
- Turn on the USB debugging. You can go into the settings > developer options > Android debugging. However, some devices have this option locked. You can unlock it by double tapping on “build number” option that can be found under settings > about phone.
- Rooting removes warranty. Yes, that’s the fact. If you root Micromax A74 Canvas Fun, the warranty cover would no more be considered as valid.
- Download the latest version of Framaroot.apk from XDA (Please scroll down towards the end of the first post to find attachments).
How to Root Micromax A74 Canvas Fun
- Download and install Framaroot.apk on your Micromax A74.
- Choose “Install SuperSU” so that we will have a super user application. Please don’t choose Super User option.
- In the second step, click on “Boromir”.
- This will popup a window asking you about the confirmation whether you’re sure about rooting or not.
- Click on the “OK” button and reboot/restart your Micromax A74 Canvas Fun.
- Once you’ve restarted your phone, open app drawer and look for an app called SuperSU.
If this app is present on your device, you’ve successfully rooted Micromax A74 Canvas Fun. However, if the app is still not present in app drawer, you can start the process once again. This time, make sure USB debugging is on and you don’t have any anti-virus software installed on your phone.
Just to remind you, you can put a comment below if you’ve any problem, query or even success with this root method.