The Videocon A15 android smartphone is well-balanced device for the price tag of INR 3.6K. Now, if you’re one proud owner of this mighty little device then here is the detailed guide on how to root Videocon A15 without worrying much about bricking it. Although, there are lot of disadvantages and advantages of Videocon A15, the discussion ends right when you learn that the device costs you just INR 3690. Off course, if you root Videocon A15, there are chances of improving the performance and thereby removing the unwanted apps from the device.
The Videocon A15 packs Android 2.3.6 gingerbread which is outdated version of Android. At this point in time, Google has released Android 4.3 and this device will never be updated(0fficially) to any of the latest android version. Apart from this, the device sports 3.5 inch touchscreen, 3.2 megapixel primary camera, 0.3 MP front camera and 1 GHz single core processor.
Let’s check out how we can root Videocon A15 easily with the help of eRoot.
- If you’re don’t know anything about rooting, I would suggest you to read these instructions carefully.
- Please charge your Videocon A15 to at least 75%. I strongly recommend you to not to proceed if the charging level is not 75% or more.
- If you’ve any essential stuff on your android device, kindly move it to your computer so that if anything goes wrong, you’ll have the backup of these files.
- Rooting removes warranty and therefore if you root Videocon A15, the warranty would no longer be active.
- Turn the USB debugging on by going into the settings > application > development > USB Debugging and check the tickbox.
Requirements to Root Videocon A15
Steps to Root Videocon A15
- Download and extract the contents of eRoot Software from the link that has been provided above.
- Open this extracted content folder and double click on the eRoot application to run(please check the image at the end for reference).
- At this point in time, please verify that you’ve enable USB debugging.
- Connect your Videocon A15 to the computer using USB cable.
- As soon as the connection has been established between your phone and the computer, you’ll see the device name and “Root” button below the name.
- Click on this root button and wait for sometime.
- It will take few minutes to root your Videocon A15.
Congrats. After 4-5 minutes, your device should restart on its own. If it doesn’t restart, you can do it manually. If you’re unsure about this rooting process or whether this actually worked or not, you can download an app called Root Checker from Google play to verify the root.