Yesterday, a friend of mine who owns this device asked me a question – how he can root Xolo Q800 without bricking? Well, my immediate answer was that – there isn’t any root method available on the earth which doesn’t involves risk. So, if you’re planning to root Xolo Q800, you’ll have to take the risk. After thinking on it for 2 days, he approached me again and asked me to write a comprehensive tutorial on it. So, acting upon his special request, I’m writing this simple guide and hope it will be helpful for other Xolo Q800 owners too.
- I’ve already talked about this in all my rooting articles and I would like to repeat it once again. I’m not responsible if you damage your cell phone by following this tutorial. Yet, you’ll get my personal assistance through comment if you’re stuck anywhere in between the process.
- You must also understand that rooting your Xolo Q800 is not supported by the company. Therefore, you will loose warranty and you may not be able to get it back. In most cases, when you remove the root, the warranty is restored.
- It is highly recommended that you charge your android device to 75% or more battery level. You must not start the rooting process if there isn’t any sufficient battery power.
- It’s always better to take backup of all important files before starting to root your android device. You can use this app called Super Backup to take backup of messages and contacts. Alternatively, you can also use App backup to backup files related to apps.
- One last step before we start rooting Xolo Q800. Please enable USB debugging by going into the settings > developer options > USB debugging.
How to Root Xolo Q800
- Please download and install Android MTK6589 USB drivers from the link that has been provided in the download section above.
- Once you’ve installed these drivers, connect your Xolo Q800 to the computer using USB cable.
- Extract the files that are there in “auto root tool”.
- You can extract these files on desktop or inside any folder. I strongly recommend you to create a new folder and put these files inside it. For instance, you can name that folder as “root”.
- Now open this folder or location where you’ve placed these files and double click on RunMe.bat file.
- If there is any window on your PC asking you for administrative access, grant it.
- A command window will open and you’ll be asked to press any key to continue.
- You can press any key now and it will start rooting Xolo Q800 immediately.
- Have some patience and let it boot.
- The first boot will take more time. So, don’t loose your patience or panic.
- As soon as initial boot has completed, restart your Xolo Q800 and enjoy.
Reader’s question: How to check if I’ve rooted Xolo Q800 successfully or not?
It is very easy to check whether the root was successful or not. You can download an app called Root checker from Google Play store. As soon as you’ve installed it, open it and let it start its processing.
As always, if you’re stuck anywhere or if you’ve any doubt, put a comment below.